My sister in law is originally from Germany and she makes the best potato salad, using a traditional recipe.
It has a lovely creamy texture and one portion of it is never enough!
The ingredients for this however are NOT Slimming World friendly and would send your daily allowance through the roof.
Below is my own version of her recipe.
All of the items are available from Lidl apart from the Vegeta, which you can find in the World Food aisle of Asda.
This recipe is Slimming World friendly unless you use hot dogs, check your book for relevant values.
- Baby New Potatoes (2 bags)
- Sliced Gherkins in Water (in jar)
- Vegeta or Kucharek Seasoning
- Cottage Cheese (Onion and Chive)
- Salt and Pepper
- Meat: Lean Ham, or Chicken. Hot Dogs (Veggie version as well)
- Boil potatoes leave to cool and put in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Add 3 table spoons of gherkin water to potatoes and fold into potatoes.
- Add 1.5 dessert spoons of vegeta and fold into potatoes.
- Salt and Pepper, more Pepper than Salt (go wild!!!), fold into potatoes.
- Add 4x pots of cottage cheese, fold into potatoes.
- Chop meat and add to post cheese mixture, fold into potatoes.