Recipe originally found at: http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/bacon-and-mushroom-crustless-quiche.aspx
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 220g bacon,visible fat removed cut into 1cm pieces
- 110g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 150g fat free natural cottage cheese
- 3–4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 80g reduced fat cheddar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove all visible fat from the bacon and fry for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms garlic, season well and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes then set aside
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5.
- Spoon the bacon mixture into a flan dish.
- Mix the eggs, cottage cheese, parsley and cheddar cheese in a bowl and spoon over the bacon mixture.
- Top with the tomato halves and bake at 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5 for 15-20 minutes until just set.
Tip: On an Extra Easy day, serve hot or cold with baby potatoes and a large salad. Vegetarians, swap bacon for Quorn ham pieces for extra flavour – delicious!