- 5 Large Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 30g root Ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 heaped tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 400g lean Pork loin, visible fat removed, diced or
400g skinless and boneless Chicken breast, diced or
200g of either meat, mixed together
- 300g dried long-grain Rice
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 3 large Eggs, beaten
- 1 Vegetable Stock cube
- 200g Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large Carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 100g green Cabbage, shredded
- 225g can sliced Bamboo shoots, drained
- 225g can Water Chestnuts, drained
- Mix one-third of the Garlic and Ginger with the five-spice powder and 2tbsp Soy Sauce in a shallow dish.
- Add the Pork / Chicken, toss well and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Cook the Rice according to the pack instructions and drain.
- While the rice is cooking, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the Eggs and cook until just set, then turn on to a board and roughly chop.
- Spray a large non-stick wok with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Fry the Pork / Chicken for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate a keep warm.
- Add the remaining Garlic and Ginger to the wok along with the crumbled stock cube, Broccoli, Carrot and a good splash of Water.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the Cabbage, Bamboo Shoots, Water Chestnuts, Rice, Pork / Chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, adding water if needed.
- Mix the omelette and remaining soy sauce and serve hot.