- 2 large courgettes, roughly chopped
- 2 large yellow peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped low calorie cooking spray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 10g fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 75g baby leaf spinach
- 12-14 dried lasagne sheets, briefly dipped in cold water
- 1 tomato, finely chopped (optional)
For the sauce:
- 200g peeled butternut squash, roughly chopped 200g peeled floury potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube. crumbled
- 120g plain quark
- 1 large egg yolk
- 0.5 tsp mustard powder
Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 2000C/gas 7.
Put the courgettes, peppers and onions in a large roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray, season to taste and toss well. Roast for 10 minutes, then stir through the mushrooms and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, stock cube, soy sauce, basil, paprika, garlic salt and balsamic vinegar plus 300ml water and cook for a further
10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir through the spinach. Reduce the heat to 200°C/Fan 180°C/gas 6. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the squash, potatoes, vegetable stock cube and 450ml water in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and, without draining, add the remaining sauce ingredients. Whizz until smooth using a stick blender and season to taste.
Spray a 30cm x 20cm ovenproof dish with a little low calorie cooking spray. Spoon one-third of the roasted vegetables into the bottom of the dish and cover with lasagne sheets. Repeat these layers twice more. finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets that covers the roasted vegetables completely. Pour over the sauce. pushing the sheets into the sauce a little and topping with the tomato if using. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the lasagne is cooked through. Serve hot with salad and enjoy!